Ballarat Health Services Specialist Outpatient Clinics has made changes to our clinics during the COVID-19 pandemic
Where possible, BHS Specialist Outpatient Clinic appointments are being held by Telephone or Telehealth, rather than In-Person. Please ensure to read the following information, it is important everyone follows this information to keep you and our staff safe.
Telehealth Appointments (Video conference) - Do not come to the hospital, STAY AT HOME
- The SMS message or letter you received said “TELEHEALTH Appt”
- Please prepare for your appointment prior to your appointment time, click on this link https://www.bhs.org.au/for-patients-families-friends/telehealth/ it provides instructions for telehealth appointments
- If you arrive to the hospital and your appointment was booked for a telehealth appointment, you will be asked to leave, we will perform your appointment by telephone or telehealth
Telephone Appointments - Do not come to the hospital, STAY AT HOME
- The SMS message or letter you received said “TELEPHONE Appt”
- Your appointment will be conducted on the phone number that received this message or phone number quoted in your letter
- The telephone call will be from a “No Caller ID”
- If you arrive to the hospital and your appointment was booked for a telephone appointment you will be asked to leave, we will perform your appointment by telephone.
On-Site Appointments – Come to the hospital
- The SMS message or letter you received said “ON-SITE Appt”
- Please come alone
- If you reside or work in a Melbourne COVID-19 Hotspot please let us know, we will arrange a telephone or telehealth (video conference) appointment
- If you are bringing a child for an appointment please bring that child only, if this not possible please let us know and we will arrange a telephone or telehealth (video conference) appointment
- If you arrive to the hospital with additional people, they will be asked to leave, if this not possible please let us know and we will arrange a telephone or telehealth (video conference) appointment
- Please bring Medicare/pension/DVA cards, medication list and allow enough time to attend your appointment
- To help us protect staff and patients from the spread of coronavirus, BHS is screening all people entering the hospital. This will involve answering a few of questions and having your temperature taken.
- If you have questions or can't attend your appointment, please let us know by contacting (03) 5320 4221 or go to https://www.bhs.org.au/services-and-clinics/specialist-outpatients-change-cancel-my-appointment/ and complete the online form. Failure to attend your appointment (telehealth, telephone or in-person) may end your referral and your care returned to your GP
- Please ensure BHS has your current contact details, to update https://ballarat-health-services.azurewebsites.net/services-and-clinics/specialist-outpatients-update-my-details/
- If you want to end your referral with BHS and return your care to your GP click https://www.bhs.org.au/services-and-clinics/specialist-outpatients-cancel-my-referral/
Ballarat Health Services provides a variety of specialist outpatient services, as well as allied health, pre-admission and post-discharge services.
Please click the below link for detailed clinic information, where available.
Specialist Outpatient Clinics
|Ear, Nose & Throat||Palliative Care|
|Gastroenterology & Liver||Renal Medicine/Nephrology|
1 Drummond Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
Each clinic operates their own hours.
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.