Cardiology Specialist Clinic
The cardiology team manage conditions that are primarily related to the heart.
What do we do?
The most common cardiac conditions treated in our specialist clinic relate to
- Ishaemic heart disease – a lack of blood supply to the heart due to a number of risk factors; such as smoking, diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Abnormal heart rhythm – episodes of heart rate being too fast, too slow or irregular
- Heart valve problems
- Cardiac failure – the heart does not pump properly
Who do we care for?
Adult patients. Patients with conditions that require a specialist cardiologist opinion. If you have multiple medical conditions, we may provide advice about the cardiology issues to general physicians or your GP.
Out team does not generally care for patients currently under the care of a private cardiologist or another public hospital, to maintain continuity of care for patients.
What can you expect?
You can expect an initial assessment and a follow-up visit, if needed.
If your symptoms or condition are stable, routine appointments can be provided by your GP.
How can you access this service?
A referral from your GP is required to access this service.
For your appointment
Ideally you need to know why you are seeing a specialist, and you need to have a valid referral letter.
If you are given an appointment and don’t know why you are being referred or don’t need it, please contact us so we can discuss your needs.
BHS Specialist Clinics - 03 5320 4221
Rapid Access Atrial Fibrillation Clinic - 03 5320 4107
- Monday afternoon - Wayne Childs
- Monday afternoon - Rapid Access Atrial Fibrillation
- Tuesday afternoon - Public cardiology and Dinesh Natarajan, Chris Hengel, Ernesto Oqeuli
- Wednesday morning - Anand Sharma
- Wednesday all day (alternate weeks) - Trent Zeitzen
- Thursday morning - Cardiac Failure Clinic
- Thursday afternoon - Rapid Access Atrial Fibrillation
- Friday morning - Rodney Reddy (alternates to Wednesday morning 1 in 4)
- Friday morning - Vish Turaga and Dinesh Natarajan alternate weeks
Ballarat Base Hospital
1 Drummond Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
Level four, Medical Services Building
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.