The Carer Support Service provides carers with access to respite care for their care recipient. Education resources and information is also available to support carers in their caring role.
What do we do?
We provide support and care to anyone who is a carer of a person who is frail, aged, has a disability, chronic illness, or mental illness. A carer can be a family member, close friend, or neighbour.
Respite care enables carers to have a break from their caring role to attend appointments, go shopping, socialise or have 'time out'. Respite care is available for short-term, occasional, or emergency breaks.
We aim to:
Provide support and information to carers:
- Assist with planning respite, which maximizes the benefits to the carer and the person being cared for
- Maintain the quality of life for the carer, the person being cared for and their family
- Link carers with local support services and support groups
- Enable carers to continue in their caring role
- Contribute to a better understanding of the importance of the carer and the significance of the caring role
How can you access this service?
Anyone caring for a family member or friend with a disability or mental illness, or is frail, aged or has a chronic condition may be eligible for support. Call 1800 422 737 or visit carergateway.gov.au.
The Carer Gateway offers free, early intervention support to carers.
Carers can access over-the-phone and in-person support including:
- peer support
- information and advice
- online groups and courses
- crisis and emergency support
Anyone caring for a family member or friend with a disability, mental illness, who is frail, aged, or has a chronic condition may be eligible for support. Call 1800 422 737 or visit carergateway.gov.au.
23 Wetlands Drive
Mount Helen VIC 3350
03 5333 7141
8- 22 Patrick Street
Stawell VIC 3380
03 5358 4113
Wimmera Health Care Group, Baillie Street
Horsham VIC 3400
03 5381 9120
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.