Work Experience Programs and Structured Workplace Learning
Ballarat Health Services and the Centre for Education and Training offers Work Experience (WE) and Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) opportunities to year 10, 11 and 12 students who are interested in clinical and non-clinical pathways into healthcare.
Work Experience and Structured Workplace Learning clinical placements at Ballarat Health Services are purely observational whereas the non-clinical placements are practical.
Our program is designed to provide an opportunity for insight into a range of careers in healthcare. Students observe and work beside a professional to gain a realistic understanding of the work environment and the career role.
Opportunities are offered in:
- Administration and Support Services
- Allied Health (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology)
- Medical Imaging
- Business Administration
- Food Services
- Engineering (Electrical, Gardening, Plumbing)
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Health Information Services
- Stores, Warehousing, Supply
All applications are processed through school Careers Advisors and should include all the completed Work Experience Application Forms.
The following forms will need to be completed and returned to Ballarat Health Services prior to placement. the forms are available by clicking on each individual title.
- Work Experience Arrangement Form
- Work Experience Travel & Accommodation Form
- Structured Workplace Learning Arrangement Form
- Structured Workplace Learning Travel & Accommodation Form
- Confidentiality Form
- Media Consent Form
- Immunisation Form
- Hand Hygiene Certificate
- COVID 19 Form
All enquiries should go to your school Careers Advisor in the first instance.
For general enquires contact email@example.com
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.