Ballarat Health Services Dental Services is dedicated to our patients, staff and community. Our staff support our patients to achieve the highest standard of dental health (oral health) as a partnership. Through a comprehensive evaluation, we help educate and guide each patient through the steps and options available. We assist with making the best choices to achieve the desired dental health outcomes.
Dental Services mission
Our mission is to provide the highest quality care, in a safe and relaxed environment.
Our patient focus
In consultation with each patient we will build a treatment plan that matches each individual’s dental needs (within the services we can provide). Our comfortable state of the art clinic and compassionate team will help patients feel completely at ease with their treatments; and we welcome any feedback or concerns that patients may have.
- To provide excellence in oral health care
- To engage eligible priority groups in our community and professional relationships
- To act as a centre for teaching and research
- To operate an efficient and effective service
What to bring to your appointment
- Concession cards
- Health Care cards/Pension card
- List of current medications.
- A payment of $28.50 for each visit (up to 4 visits)
How to access this service
The following people are eligible for public dental services:
Children and young people are eligible for emergency and general dental care:
- All children aged 0 to 12 years. No fees apply.
- Young people aged 13 to 17 years who are a Health Care card holders, dependents of concession card holders or eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS). No fees apply.
- All children and young people up to 18 years of age, who are in out-of-home care (includes kinship, foster and residential care) provided by the Children Youth and Families Division of the Department of Human Services. No fees apply.
- All youth justice clients in custodial care, up to 18 years of age. No fees apply.
Adults are eligible for emergency, general and denture care:
- People aged 18 years and over, who are health care or pensioner concession card holders or dependents of concession card holders. Fees apply.
- Emergency care $28.50 per visit
- General care $28.50 per visit up to $114
- Denture care $68.50 per denture
(Waitlist may apply for general dental care and denture care)
Priority care access groups:
- Are eligible for emergency and general dental care. Priority care means 'next available appointment'.
- The below client groups are eligible to receive priority care as defined by the Department of Health policy:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. No fees apply
- Children and young people. No fees apply.
- Homeless people and people at risk of homelessness. No fees apply.
- Refugees and asylum seekers. No fees apply.
- Registered clients of mental health and disability services, supported by a letter of recommendation from their case manager or staff. No fees apply.
- Pregnant women who are eligible. The above fees apply.
- Priority care includes emergency, general and denture care.
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.