Heart Failure Clinic
The Heart Failure Clinic provides outpatient care for patients with heart failure across the Ballarat region.
What do we do?
The Heart Failure Clinic aims to improve people’s symptoms, quality of life and reduce their need for hospitalisations.
Available to patients are a general physician, cardiologist, geriatrician and general medical registrar.
What can you expect at your appointment?
You will be contacted before your appointment by our clinic pharmacist, who will discuss your current medications and symptoms. These details will be provided to the doctor you are seeing, with a report for your consultation.
How can you access this service?
A referral from your GP is required to access this clinic.
MBS Heart Failure Clinic at BHS
The Heart Failure Clinic provides ambulatory care of chronic heart failure patients.
Referring a Patient
Version 9 BHS SMART referral template is currently in development. The Heart Failure Clinic will be added to the directory.
In the interim please select Cardiology when using the SMART template. Or you may wish to address your referral to Heart Failure Clinic – Clinical Lead
Please fax referrals to 03 5320 4822.
Who to refer
Patients with symptomatic heart failure with any of the following:
- not currently managed by a cardiologist or physician.
- who are at high risk of hospital admission
- have multiple comorbidities
- who would benefit from further heart failure education
- where the diagnosis is uncertain
Information required on referral
- History of heart failure symptoms (including impact on patient’s activities of daily living) and past cardiac history
- Current and past medications
- Transthoracic echocardiogram results
- Relevant pathology results including FBE, iron studies, U&E, TFT, LFT, ECG, CXR
Clinical Lead: 03 5320 4322
Specialist Clinics: GP Hotline 03 5320 6800
Health Care Professionals Resources
Ballarat Base Hospital
1 Drummond Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
03 5320 4822
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.