Carer Respite and Support Services
The Carer Respite Centre provides carers with access to respite care for their care recipient.
Education resources and information is also available to support carers in their caring role.
What do we do?
We provide support and care to anyone who is a carer of a person who is frail, aged, has a disability, chronic illness or mental illness. A carer can be a family member, close friend or neighbour.
Respite care enables carers to have a break from their caring role to attend appointments, go shopping, socialise or have 'time out'. Respite care is available for short-term, occasional or emergency breaks.
We aim to:
Provide support and information to carers:
- Assist with planning respite, which maximizes the benefits to the carer and the person being cared for
- Maintain the quality of life for the carer, the person being cared for and their family
- Link carers with local support services and support groups
- Enable carers to continue in their caring role
- Contribute to a better understanding of the importance of the carer and the significance of the caring role
How can you access this service?
Victorian Carer Gateway
The Carer Gateway offers free, early intervention support to carers.
Carers can access over-the-phone and in-person support including:
- peer support
- information and advice
- online groups and courses
- crisis and emergency support
23 wetlands Drive
Mount Helen VIC 3350
03 5333 7141
8- 22 Patrick Street
Stawell VIC 3380
03 5358 4113
Wimmera Health Care Group, Baillie Street
Horsham VIC 3400
03 5381 9120
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.