Antenatal Healthy Weight Management
The Antenatal Healthy Weight Management service is facilitated by a clinical psychologist. It is an evidence-based program to support women to develop helpful patterns of thinking and behaviour to better manage their weight during their pregnancy.
The aim of the service
- Improve clients’ knowledge and understanding of weight.
- Assist clients to develop individualised plans and strategies to manage their weight during their pregnancy.
- Promote healthier eating habits and increased physical activity
- Support clients to develop a healthier relationship with their body and mind.
- Improve clients’ well-being and confidence in their ability to self-manage their health.
Who are our clients?
This service is for women who are having difficulty managing their weight during their pregnancy.
What can clients expect?
A member of the Healthy Weight Management service will contact clients upon receipt of a referral to discuss their individual needs.
How can you access this service?
Please address all referrals to the Psychology Department – Antenatal Healthy Weight Management Service.
Completed referrals are to be submitted to:
Ballarat Health Services
Phone: (03) 5320 6690
Fax: (03) 5320 3893
Please note: We accept self-referrals or referrals from health professionals.
Ballarat Base Hospital
1 Drummond Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
(03) 5320 3893
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.