Ballarat Base Hospital
CURRENT AS AT Tuesday 1 August 2023
Patient areas/General wards
- No maximum amount of visitors per day
- Maximum of two (2) visitors at a time
- Each visitor can attend for a maximum of two (2) hours
- Visits must occur during the ward's visiting hours
- Visitors can be approved outside of hours on compassionate grounds by the nurse in charge/NUM
- All visitors MUST wear a mask at all times and it is not to be removed at the bedside
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing
- Sanitise hands on entry and exit
Families and loved ones are encouraged to coordinate their visits to ensure they are adhering to restrictions and there are no more than 2 people on site.
Please don't visit if you are unwell, COVID positive or a close household contact of a COVID positive person.
- Visitors will not be permitted except for end-of-life reasons
If you are currently unwell, COVID positive or a household contact and are wanting to visit a patient who is currently at end of life, please call the hospital to arrange your visit.
In order to keep our patients and others safe during this time of increased concern, we are asking members of our community to think carefully about your need to visit Grampians Health sites.
If you do need to attend, please note that:
- Entry is through the Gardiner Pittard foyer via either Drummond Street, the hospital car park or through the Mair Street entrance.
- The Sturt Street entrance is only for staff and BRICC oncology patients and those attending the BRICC level 3 specialist clinics.
Please continue to follow signs and directions regarding access as these continue to change.