Ballarat Base Hospital
VISITORS effective from 1 March 2021
Visiting is currently restricted.
- A maximum of 2 visitors are permitted at any one time
- Visits must occur during the ward's visiting hours
- Visitors must be over 18 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult (eg 1 x adult, 1 x child)
- Patients, their families and loved ones should coordinate their visits to ensure that no more than two people are on-site at any one time
Maternity, Antenatal and Postnatal patients are permitted:
- 1 support person who is also their labour support person
- 1 additional person per day can visit during the maternity visiting hours
Patients on the labour ward are permitted 1 support person, and there is no time limit on the length of the labour support person’s visit.
Special Care Nursery and Cotton On Children's Ward
- Visitors can be the 2 (two) parents OR 1 (one) parent and 1 (one) support person. An additional visitor is permitted during visiting hours, with no more than two persons at any time. The support person must be over the age of 18 years.
We know these restrictions can be challenging and we understand each family’s situation is different. As such, approval on compassionate grounds may be possible the purpose of:
- caring for children
- caring for those with a disability
- support during labour
- in specific emergency situations
- visiting those in palliative care
PATIENTS – We will need to closely monitor any patients attending or admitted to Ballarat Health Services, who have visited a known COVID-19 exposure site
In order to keep our patients and others safe during this time of increased concern, we are asking members of our community to think carefully about your need to visit BHS sites. If you do need to attend please note that:
- Entry is only through the Gardiner Pittard foyer entrance via either Drummond Street or the hospital car park.
- The Sturt Street entrance is only for BRICC oncology patients.
- The Emergency Department entrance is only for Emergency Department patients.
Please continue to follow signs and directions regarding access as these continue to change.