Ballarat Base Hospital & Mental Health Services
VISITORS effective from Wednesday 30 September 2020
Visiting is currently restricted.
- Patients are permitted 1 x visiting session per day
- A maximum of 1 visitor is permitted at that daily session
- Visits must be no longer than 2 hours
- Visits must occur during the ward's visiting hours
Antenatal and Postnatal patients are permitted:
- 1 support person who is also their labour support person
- 1 additional support person who can visit for up to two hours per day, but must be the same person throughout their admission. The additional support person's visit must occur during the maternity visiting hours
Patients on the labour ward are permitted 1 support person, and there is no time limit on the length of the labour support person’s visit.
Special Care Nursery
Visitors to the Special Care Nursery are limited to a maximum of two visitors only.
- Visitors can be the 2 (two) parents OR 1 (one) parent and 1 (one) support person. The same nominated people are the only visitors permitted for the duration of the baby's admission. The support person must be over the age of 18 years.
We know these restrictions can be challenging and we understand each family’s situation is different. As such, approval on compassionate grounds may be possible the purpose of:
- caring for children
- caring for those with a disability
- support during labour
- in specific emergency situations
- visiting those in palliative care
Before arriving you must check with the ward that an exemption is permitted.
Anyone wishing to visit a patient on paediatrics ward or in the emergency department should contact the hospital for current visitor information.
If you do not need to be on our premises, you must not enter.
- When entering our buildings you will have your temperature checked, be screened for a number of standard questions, must register your details, and will be given a mask, if you do not have your own.
- Entry is only through the Gardiner Pittard foyer entrance via either Drummond Street or the hospital car park.
- The Sturt Street entrance is only for BRICC oncology patients.
- The Emergency Department entrance is only for Emergency Department patients.
Please continue to follow signs and directions regarding access as these continue to change.