Ballarat Base Hospital & Mental Health Services
VISITORS effective from Wednesday 15 July 2020
Visiting is currently restricted.
No visitors are permitted without prior approval on compassionate grounds for:
The purpose of:
- caring for children
- caring for those with a disability
- support during labour
- in specific emergency situations
- visiting those in palliative care
We know these restrictions can be challenging and we understand each family’s situation is different.
Before arriving you must check with the ward that an exemption is permitted.
If you do not need to be on our premises, you must not enter.
- When entering our buildings you will have your temperature checked and will be given a mask, if you do not have your own.
- Entry is only through the Gardiner Pittard foyer entrance via either Drummond Street or the hospital car park.
- The Sturt Street entrance is only for BRICC oncology patients.
- The Emergency Department entrance is only for Emergency Department patients.
Please continue to follow signs and directions regarding access as these continue to change.