To provide the highest level of safety to residents, families/friends and staff, a decision has been made to
ease visitor restrictions to our residential care facilities.
The new restrictions allow visitors to come and visit for
any reason, however there will be limitations to the visits as outlined below.
We will continue to compassionately take individual circumstances into consideration as we do understand
that the current COVID-19 situation is concerning and at times distressing for all.
In addition, Ballarat Health Service is focussed on the residents’ wellbeing and enabling choice in alternative
means of communication with their loved ones during this difficult time.
- Visiting will be limited to 7 days per week between 1pm and 4pm
- The visit is to be scheduled with the Manager
- The visit is for a 30-minute period
- The visit is limited to 1 visitor at a time
- All visitors must wear a mask, gloves, and practice hand hygiene upon entry
- The visit is to occur in the resident’s room or outside (not within communal areas)
- The visitor must remain at a safe 1.5 metre social distance from the person they are visiting, staff and
any other residents within our facility
- The visitor must not have traveled overseas in the past 14 days
- The visitor must not have been in contact with a person positive with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- The visitor must not have any cold, flu or respiratory symptoms, i.e fever, sore throat, cough, temperature, runny nose or shortness of breath
- Written evidence of flu vaccination will be required
- The visitor will be screened on entry with the above questions
- The visitor can bring food in the facility that is in a container that can be wiped clean and meets current BHS policies re food from outside facilities
- No children (under 18 yrs.) are to visit the facility
If you have any specific concerns regarding our response or any other issue, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5320 3620.
Our facilities include:
- Talbot Place
- Eureka Village Hostel
- Geoffrey Cutter Centre
- Hailey House
- Jack Lonsdale Lodge
- James Thomas Court
- W.B. Messer Hostel
- P.S. Hobson Nursing Home
- Bill Crawford Lodge