For patients and their families, traveling long distances to access treatment at Grampians Health Ballarat, we manage a small portfolio of accommodation options at affordable prices in line with the Victorian Transport Patient Assistance Scheme rebates.
We will do our best to meet each patient’s accommodation needs, especially for patients receiving cancer care and treatment with Ballarat Regional Integrated Cancer Centre (BRICC).
Set in a quiet, peaceful, serene area a short walk from the hospital, we have six self-contained, air-conditioned Luxury Units for eligible patients and their carers.
These units cater for two people, in private rooms, or four people, when using a fold-out sofa bed.
- Fully self-contained, including a kitchen with oven, microwave and essentials
- Bedrooms can be either made into single beds or a queen-size bed, with all linen provided
- Bathroom is suitable for wheelchair access
- Laundry has a washing machine and dryer
- Housekeeping and Linen Service are provided weekly
- Car Parking is available on site
- Pick up from accommodation is available for all your hospital appointments, if required.
Please speak to your treating physician or nurse for further information.
Rotary House is located at St John of God Ballarat and offers affordable, secure and clean residential accommodation for patients and family travelling to Ballarat from regional and rural areas for radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other hospital services.
Rotary House was established in collaboration with seven Rotary Clubs from Ballarat and Ballan.
A three-story building offers 17 double/twin and single rooms and one family room.
- Ensuite facilities
- Television and small fridge
- Lift is available or stairs to access upper levels.
- Housekeeping and Linen services are provided weekly.
- On arrival a complimentary breakfast starter pack is included.
- Laundry - a washing machine and clothes dryer are available for guest use.
- Off-street car parking for visitors and patients is available in the Hospital's Drummond St car park. Entry fee applicable
- Disabled facilities - there is a bathroom, including shower and bath, designed for use by people with disabilities.
- Kitchen and dining - a fully equipped kitchen and adjoining dining rooms are available on each floor. In a private courtyard, BBQ facilities are provided.
- Internet access is available for guests via a computer on the ground floor.
Please contact St John of God Ballarat Hospital reception for bookings and enquiries.
Phone: 03 5320 2958
Accommodation costs are in line with the Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS) rebate rates. VPTAS provides financial subsidies to eligible patients living in rural and regional Victoria, who need to travel long distances to access medical specialist services.
Our staff can assist you with further information to claim the rebate if you are eligible.
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.