Credentialing is the formal process of assessing a health care professional's qualifications, training, experience and clinical competence in relation to their role within Grampians Health (GH).
The Requirements for a new application is as follows:
- Application (through Equifax)
- Resume (updated within last 12 months)
- Medical Qualifications (Primary Degree and Fellowship)
- Current Medical Indemnity Certificate (Certified or email directly CredentialSOP@bhs.org.au)
- Current Police Check (within last 12 months) https://www.fit2work.com.au/IndividualCheck/NpcCheck
- International Police Check (If lived overseas for 12 months or longer during the past 10 years) https://www.fit2work.com.au/individualCheck/ichc or https://aisintl.com.au/ahpra-application/
- Continuous professional development Certificate
- GH Provider Number - per site (via form or online https://www.humanservices.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/proda). For new specialist you also need to complete Specialist recognition form.
- Prescriber Number
- References *2 GH Senior Medical Dental Referee form
- Victorian working with children, if you have one, can you please add GH to this, and send/upload a copy of GH - site being added to your working with children. This is only if you already have one.
- Evidence of scope of practice requirements (as per GH Defining the Credentialing and Scope of Clinical Practice Senior Medical and Dental Staff.)
Please post the following items to Credentialing Officer |Chief Medical Office |Grampians Health - Ballarat, Level 4, BRICC |P.O. BOX 577, Ballarat, Victoria, 3350
- 100 points of ID certified (wet ink copies not electronic copies)
- Medical Qualifications (only if they are not listed on AHPRA, then they need to be wet ink certified)
Once all of your credentialing application is completed and approved, the contract process will commence. Please contact credentialing through CredentialSOP@bhs.org.au or phone 5320 8946.
Prior to commencement senior clinical staff will need to return and complete all required documentation to People and Culture, Infection Control and Credentialing.
- GH Medical and Dental Credentialing Scope of Practice
- GH Senior Medical Dental Referee Form
- GH General Practitioner Referee Form
- Grampians Health - Ballarat Site Provider Number application form (preference is to complete the application online through PRODA, although you will need the form to answer some questions) https://www.humanservices.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/proda
- Specialist recognition form (for new specialists to be completed prior to provider application https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/forms/hw077
- BHS Senior Medical Staff Handbook
- iCare Quick Guide progress notes https://www.bhs.org.au/media/eenb0plh/icare-quick-guide-progress-notes-v2-9-sp3.pdf
- iCare Instructions https://www.bhs.org.au/media/plmjalsn/icare-instructions-pdf-2016-upgrade.pdf
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.