Completing your Intern year at Ballarat Health Services will ensure you will experience hands on learning in a supportive and well supervised environment.
You will be a highly valued member of the team with excellent consultant contact time and high expectations with respect to your medical education and skills development. Our senior medical staff are committed to providing training opportunities and support career development of junior doctors.
At Ballarat health services we see diverse medicine. We are large enough to deal with complex and high acuity patients.
Intern Rotations Available
Ballarat Health Services offers 30 Intern positions at the acute and sub-acute sites in Ballarat. Each Intern will complete five rotations including three core terms and the option for non-core rotations.
- General medicine (core)
- General surgery (core)
- Emergency medicine (core)
Online Information Session
A Virtual Open Day was held on 5 May 2021. This event covered our application process, pathway and training opportunities, mentoring and medical education. This event was recorded, to access the presentation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our intern program: Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
Applications must be made via the PMCV match. Ballarat Health Services will be participating in the Victorian Rural Preferential Allocation (VRPA) Intern Match process through the PMCV.
If you are eligible to apply for an Intern position, you must register with the PMCV. If you are not applying via the VRPA match, you will then need to apply to both the PMCV and to BHS directly via the Mercury eRecruit Website
Application and Selection Process
- Applications open 4 May 2021
- For direct applications you must apply to both PMCV and to Ballarat Health Services directly via Mercury eRecruit website
- Applications close 3 June 2021
Tips for applying to Ballarat Health Services
- Cover letters should be addressed to Junior Medical Workforce Manager - Mr David Channon
- Make yourself familiar with the Ballarat Health Services core values
- As part of Ballarat Health Services' application process, you will be asked to answer some questions 'Why BHS?' and Why Ballarat?' - make sure you put some time into answering these.
101 Drummond Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
“There are lots of reasons to Intern at Ballarat. Good exposure and good contact with senior staff. Able to work autonomously and gain actual experience” – 2020 Intern
“Varied experience but supported and appreciated whilst you are doing it” – 2020 Intern
Have something to tell us? We welcome all feedback from patients, family members or carers. Tell us more.